TNEPDS – Smart ration card
TNEPDS website helps you to know how to apply for smart ration card online. So, you can apply for the smart card through online, as it is a very easy process. Initially, TNPDS is an official website to apply for smart ration card online in Tamil Nadu, so that you can update smart card status like add /remove family members etc.
However, TNEPDS website will guide you through all the procedures like apply for smart ration card online, update smart ration card status etc. You can apply for smart ration card in Tamil Nadu through online and offline also. Now, Go to the official website tnpds.gov.in to apply for smart ration card.
- To apply for smart ration card through offline, download the smart ration card form the website, fill it and submit it to taluka or municipality office.
Here are the steps regarding smart card application procedure in Tamil Nadu are explained in everything in detail.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System (TNPDS, TNEPDS) tnpds.gov.in or download at https://tnpds.org.in/
- Then, look at the top right corner of the website and you will find a column ‘Smart Card Application Services’.
Apply for Smart Ration Card Online:
- If you want to apply for the smart ration card, click on ‘Smart Card Application’
- You will be redirected to smart card application form page of the website.
- Then you will find two options at the top of the page, by default New Smart Card Application is selected. If you are applying for the first time select New Smart Card Application or select old card enrollment.
- In the Below, you will find three sections, where the first section is about the details of Family’s head and the second is for the address in detail and the third one is about family members details.
- And in the right corner, you will find a section for uploading head of the family’s photo.
- However, the photo must be less than 10 KB in size. It must be png, jpeg, jpg or in gif format of the image.
- Now, fill all the mandatory fields correctly without any mistake.
- Next, fill all details of address like
- Land Line Number (not mandatory)
- Email address (not mandatory)
- Mobile Numbers
- PIN code
- First, add the family’s head details and then add the details of the rest of the family members. However, the third section i.e. adds members will be activated only after the first section is filled.
upload the selected document
- You will find the card option below the third section. Four different cards are listed like no commodity card, rice card, sugar card, and others. So, you can select the card on the basis of your eligibility.
- Beside Card option, you have the select resident proof document and upload the selected document. You can upload pdf, png, gif, jpeg and pdf files under 100 KB size.
- Electricity bill
- Gas consumer card
- Telephone bill
- Voter Id
- Aadhar card
- The front page of passbook
- Property tax in case of your own house
- Rent agreement(for tenants)
- And slum clearance board allotment order any of these can be accepted as address proof.
- Next, you need to fill the details of gas connection if you are having. If you have the gas connection, check the box then a form will be displayed regarding the gas details, fill it completely.
- Name of the person the gas is registered
- Oil company
- LPG Consumer Number
- Name of the Gas Agency
- Number of cylinders
- Finally, select the declaration box to submit your smart ration card application form.
So, these are all the details about how to apply for smart ration card online in Tamil Nadu. In case, If you are having any other doubts you can go through the tnepds website and you can also chat online on the tnpds website.
You want to access this smart card even more effectively by the provided by the Government of Tamil Nadu. However, this app provides many facilities regarding Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System like checking nearby ration dealer, its stock, and even transaction. Download it from the google play store under the name of TNPDS with the TN government symbol.
Tracking the Smartcard status online:
After applying for smart ration card in TNEPDS or TNPDS website, you will be provided with a reference number. Save the reference number to track your smart card status. If not, the reference number can also be sent through SMS on your registered mobile number. So, it mandatory to provide tour mobile number while registering.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System (TNPDS, TNEPDS)
- Then, you will find ‘Correct Your Smartcard‘ section.
- Now, Click on ‘Status of Request’ to track the smart card.
- You will be redirecting to Status of the Request page.
- Enter your reference number on that page and click on submit button. Finally, the status of your smart ration card will display on the screen.
Customer Support Helpline – TNPDS
If you are having any queries and complaints, you can take the support of TNEPDS helpline and clear your queries/complaint.
Helpline – TollFree number
You can also mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Making Corrections of the name, age etc:
- Go to the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System (TNPDS, TNEPDS)
- You will see ‘Correct Your Smartcard’ section.
- Click on ‘correction of details’.
- You will be redirecting to correction of the details page.
- Login with your mobile number which was register with your ration card.
- Next enter the Captcha and click on submit.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile, enter the OTP. Now, you can do any of the following changes
- You can check your entitlement and details of the transaction
- Apply for changes in your Ration card online
- Check your family members details
- You can view your Address
- View your grievances and you can also raise your grievance
- View your feedback and can also provide feedback
- Check the Aadhar card numbers of the entire family
- View the details of your ration card
Note: If your mobile number is not registered then please contact TNEPDS helpdesk 1967 or 1800-452-5901 to get your mobile number registered.